Technically, Nils had been "sleeping through the night" for a while, but only when you accept the ridiculous definition that "through the night" is five consecutive hours. That is superbly unhelpful when your baby goes to bed at 7pm and you go to bed at 10pm. No, these were three enchanted nights when Nils slept until 5am.
Sadly, just as I was beginning to feel like I did six months ago, Nils remembered how much fun it was to see me several times a night. Now when I wake up at 2am to nurse a baby who probably isn't actually hungry, I like to think about the adorable creature in the pictures below. Listed in order of cuteness are some of Nils' most serene moments. Just kidding, they are all equally and unbearably cute.
Now I am off to remember everything Nils and I did before he went to sleep so I can recreate this wonderful nap tomorrow.
People are excellent pillows . . . .
Especially dads . . . .
Car seats are good for napping . . . .
Then . . . .
And now . . . .
Good luck trying to get Nils' sleep schedule more settled!!! Love the pictures! =)
ReplyDelete